Units Required for Security Licence Victoria

Units required for a Security Licence Victoria
General Guard / Crowd Controller

7 Core Units from the Certificate II in Security Operations Select()
CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security Industry
CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
HLTAID003 or
HLTFA311A or
Provide first aid / Apply first aid
Learners who have this certificate will be granted the unit via the RPL process as a Credit Transfer.

The issue of a security licence in Victoria requires the completion of 13 units of study for a general unarmed guard licence.

The 13 or 19 units include twelve (12) units from the Certificate II in Security Operations AND a Certificate I in Security Operations (CPP10107) is also issued with the Crowd Control units.

  • 7 Core Units
  • 1 Elective Units at Level I
  • 7 Elective Units at Level II
  • 4 Elective Unit at Level III
One (1) ELECTIVE Units from level I Select()
CPPSEC1003A Apply Security procedures for the Responsible Service of Alcohol Crowd Control
Seven (7) ELECTIVE Units from level II Select()
CPPSEC2010A Protect Safety of Persons Crowd Control
CPPSEC2011B Control Access to and Exit from Premises
CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour Crowd Control
CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
CPPSEC2015A Patrol Premises
CPPSEC2017A Protect Self & Others Using Basic Defensive Techniques
TLIE2007A Use Communication Systems
Four (4) ELECTIVE Units from level III Select()
CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques Crowd Control
CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports Crowd Control
CPPSEC3017A Plan and conduct evacuation of premises Crowd Control
CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation

Contact HR training to discuss the units you would like to study
and any special needs you may have for your training.
We are flexible in our training delivery and you may be able to apply for:

• Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)